Friday, February 10, 2012

Find the mistakes

Each sentence given below contains one mistake. Find the mistake and correct it.

Example:

Sentence: I enjoy to sail.

Correction: I enjoy sailing.

1. I suggested her to go home.

2. We don’t allow that people smoke in the kitchen.

3. I didn’t ask that he pay for the meal.

4. I hate the thought to get old.

5. The cleaning is to finish by midday.

6. She lets her children to stay up very late.

7. We arrive to New York on Tuesday morning.

8. These sheets are to wash.

9. The doctor suggested me to take a long holiday.

10. Have you finished to mend the car?

Answers

1. I suggested that she should go home. (Suggest cannot be followed by an infinitive.)

2. We don’t allow people to smoke in the kitchen.

3. I didn’t ask him to pay for the meal.

4. I hate the thought of getting old.

5. The cleaning is to be finished by midday.

6. She lets her children stay up very late.

7. We arrive in New York on Tuesday morning.

8. These sheets are to be washed.

9. The doctor suggested taking a long holiday. OR The doctor suggested that I should take a long holiday.

10. Have you finished mending the car?

No comments: